A blue plaque in commemoration of the Derbyshire banker and entrepreneur Thomas Evans will be officially...>>Read more
Our Judging Panel will be considering building projects during the first week in January. Please send...>>Read more
Subscriptions for 2016-17
Dear Members,Subscriptions for 2016-17 are due on Aug 1st and should be sent to ROBIN WOOD 103 WHITAKER...>>Read more
Membership of the Society is open to “all who are interested in actively furthering the purposes of the Society” as stated in the Society’s Constitution. This can be interpreted as meaning any person or organisation, whether resident in Derby or elsewhere , who is keen to see a Derby of which they can be proud.
- A newsletter twice a year.
- Access to the members’ only area of the website.
- Opportunity to participate in an extensive programme of entertaining and informative talks and visits.
- Social events such as our annual lunch, annual coffee morning and presentation of the Brighter City of Derby Awards (subject to additional charges).
- Advice on (and in certain circumstances representation in respect of) Town Planning and Conservation issues.
The membership year runs from 1st August when subscriptions become due to the following 31st July. New members who join between 1st January and 31st July are deemed to be paid up until the 31st July of the following year; thus benefitting from up to 19 months membership for the price of 12.
Current subscription rates are as follows and are subject to change by a general meeting of the Society.
|Joint (any number of persons living in one household)||£15.00|
|Junior (under 18)||£2.50|
|Not for profit organisations||£15.00|
|Individual life member||£67.50|
|Joint life member||£105.00|